Please note our studio has been reconfigured to ensure the safety of those attending and the tutor.
This workshop is designed as a beginners to intermediate introduction to macro photography.
What will the photographic workshop cover?
- The basic principles of aperture and depth of field, focussing and exposure.
- Setting up your camera for macro work and the difference between macro lenses and non-macro lenses.
- Use of lighting / backgrounds.
- Using macro sliders.
- Using close up filters.
- Use of focus stacking and preventing lens diffraction.
- Use of HDR.
- Practical sessions with supplied subject matter (such as: flower, oil and water, butterflies, jewellery, fingerprints, precision
instruments, fruit and ice, amongst several others).
- How to edit macro images.
- Use of ring flash and video light.
Start time and location.
The photographic workshop will start at 10am and finish at 4pm. Tea and coffee will be available throughout the workshop and a light lunch will be supplied.
Unit 2, Southlands Lane, West Chiltington, West Sussex (RH20 2JU)Directions to Cameracal Studio
Before The Workshop
If you have booked workshops, you will receive an email in respect to help guides, directions and equipment you will be using. This will normally be sent out a week before the workshop and will be from Cameracal Training. You will, therefore, need to check both your in boxes and Junk/Spam folder. If you have not received it two days before the workshop then please do contact us on Training@cameracal.uk so we can resend details.
If you have any queries please contact us on: 01798 306599 or email: email@example.com
The photographic workshop is designed as a beginners to intermediate workshop on Macro. Students will learn the basics of Macro, including camera settings, lenses, close up filters, reversing rings and lighting. They will be provided with a number of different subjects to capture as well as the opportunity to use some different approaches and materials.
- Max student numbers – 10
- Workshop specific pre-reads sent out prior covering recommended camera settings and use, lens and other accessories.
- Loan of equipment if required- (limited and does not include cameras – including lenses, flashguns, tripods and video lights).
- Instruction on the day. The tutors are there to help and do not take pictures themselves other than to demonstrate settings.
- Discounted sensor cleaning if required.
- Battery charging facilities for Canon, Nikon & Sony on most courses (please enquire accordingly).
- Post content provided (video instruction) on recommended editing settings for images taken on the day (Adobe Lightroom).