This workshop is set in and around the beautiful Bluebell Railway at Sheffield Park. The location provides a wonderful backdrop for you to develop your photographic skills and provides an opportunity to capture images from a bygone age, whilst having a tutor on hand to give advice and perhaps a different approach to capturing candid shots of staff in period costume, abstract images in the engine sheds, or that classic shot of a steam engine rolling into the station.
You certainly don’t need to be a train enthusiast to appreciate the photographic opportunities.
- Max student numbers – 12.
- 2 x experienced photographic tutors present at all times during the (external) workshops.
- Workshop specific pre-reads sent out prior covering recommended camera settings and use, lens and other accessories.
- Loan of equipment if required- (limited and does not include cameras – including lenses, flashguns and video lights).
- Instruction on the day. The tutors are there to help and do not take pictures themselves other than to demonstrate settings.
- Discounted sensor cleaning on location if required.
- Battery charging facilities for Canon, Nikon & Sony on most courses (please enquire accordingly).
- Post content provided (video instruction) on recommended editing settings for images taken on the day (Adobe Lightroom).
What The Training Will Cover
- We start by having a short tutorial on ensuring your camera is set up correctly and outlining the settings to use.
- We then provide some suggested images to capture and how.
- Abstract and candid portrait photography - Learning to look outside the box
- Use of High ISO’s to capture low light photography in the locomotive shed
- Using fill in flash and manual exposure to capture portraits of the station staff.
- Getting off of Auto and Program modes and using Aperture Priority and Manual modes
- The use of circular polariser filters.
Whilst you are capturing images we will be on hand to offer advice, guidance and help.
We will discuss some approaches to editing the images later in the comfort of your home
Start time and where to meet
The workshops will start and 10am and finish at 4pm. Meeting point is the Sheffield Park Station car park at 9.50 am.
Where is the Blubell Railway at Sheffield Park?
Sheffield Park Station (TN22 3QL)Sheffield Park Station is the best point to join the Bluebell Railway. This is situated on the A275 East Grinstead – Lewes main road, about two miles north of its junction with the A272. The Bluebell Railway, Sheffield Park is well signposted with brown tourist direction signs from the A22 and A23 trunk roads. There is plenty of available parking at Sheffield Park as well as a Coach Park and Disabled Bays.Directions to Sheffield Park Station (TN22 3QL)
Before The Workshop
If you have booked workshops, you will receive an email in respect to help guides, directions and equipment you will be using. This will normally be sent out a week before the workshop and will be from Cameracal Training. You will, therefore, need to check both your in boxes and Junk/Spam folder. If you have not received it two days before the workshop then please do contact us on Training@cameracal.uk so we can resend details.
If you have any queries please contact us on: 01798 306599 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org