Camera Calibration - Sensor Cleaning - Lens Optimisation - Annual Service
Camera and Lens Calibration
If you are experiencing persistent problems with a high percentage of soft or out of focus images you may need to have your camera and lens calibrated. Front and back focussing errors are the most common causes. Whilst knocks and bumps are often know to cause misalignment of lenses this is by no means the only significant cause. With the ever increasing sensitivity of photographic equipment even brand new lenses straight out of the box often need calibrating to your camera body to get enjoy the full potential of the lens camera combination.
Why use Cameracal?
Here at Cameracal we are confident that we provide a market leading camera and lens calibration service. Not only do we have decades of industry experience but also a long standing mutually beneficial relationship with Reikan, the producers of the leading calibration software FoCal. Not only are we a test centre for FoCal but also a beta tester for new releases and developments.
We offer a fully insured FedEx service using secure and padlocked Peli cases to courier you equipment to and from Cameracal.
Full documentation is given on each calibration
- Why calibrate?
- Who should calibrate?
- Canon calibration
- Nikon calibration
- Sigma Calibration
- Tamron Calibration
- Read what out customers say about us!
Why we believe our sensor cleaning service is the market leader in the UK.
1. Test shots using Focal to determine the degree of dust contamination. Shots are taken at every aperture to demonstrate at what apertures dust is evident. A detailed report of any dust spots / foreign matter on the sensor and the apertures these would be problematic. Sample report
2. All sensor cleans are carried out in our unique dust free sensor cleaning cabinet complete with extractor fans and hepa filters
3. A thorough sensor clean is undertaken using only the best products available (correct sized sensor swabs and smear free fluid)
4. Cleaning of the sensor chamber using the appropriate swabs.
5. Cleaning of focusing screen if required using the appropriate swabs (focusing screen is removed to clean the prism – model specific).
6. All actions carried out are itemised and reported on.
7. Creation of a dust verification reference point in camera to prevent problems in the future (Canon and Nikon only)
Camera annual service is a deep clean of your camera inside and out.
Internal Camera annual service
It includes our market leading sensor clean and whilst in the cavity of your camera we clean the whole chamber. Once cleaned it is inspected to check for any wear or mechanical malfunction. If repairs are recommended you will be contacted first for approval.
External Camera annual service
If you think of detailing on a classic car this is the level of cleaning that is performed on the exterior of your camera. All the usual dirt and grime that can build up on something that is handled as much as a camera. It can start to clog up connectors, buttons and dials.
Electrical Camera annual service
- Update camera firmware (if required)
- Configure battery (Canon LPE- Series only)
- Shutter count check (Applicable to certain Canon / Nikon models only)
- Check and configure camera’s settings based on customer’s chosen genre (i.e. focus and other applicable configuration settings) . More information on camera configuration
Replacement parts – supply and fit missing miscellaneous parts as in body caps or eyepiece
Please note this annual service plan does not include a camera systems diagnostic or repair / replacement of any mechanical or electronic components.
Should you have any queries or questions please give us a call on 01798 306599 or email below.