Free Lens Calibration Diagnosis Service
With current Covid19 restrictions we are offering a free diagnosis service for your camera and lens.
Let us look at your camera and lens remotely to see if it needs calibrating!
Simply follow the steps below to send us a test image via Live Chat and we will email you our findings within 2 working days.
NB - Image must be a small RAW file under 10MB
- Set up 3 objects in a line at varying distances from the camera
- Set the camera to take small RAW files (max 10MB)
- Focus on the middle object keeping the other two in frame - Take 1 shot at
widest aperture (in aperture priority mode)
- If you are testing a zoom lens then 2 shots need to be taken. One at widest
(W) and one at the furthest lens setting (T) both at the widest aperture.
- Jump onto Live Chat and upload the file. Add your phone number if you
prefer a call.
- If you already have an image that shows a soft focus but is over 10MB then
can send the image to us for free via We Transfer using our email address
Things To Check Before Calibrating
If you are unsure of whether you need calibration, there are a number of things to consider. Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Was the correct focus point (s) used?
- Was the choice of focus point selection left to the camera?
- Did you observe the minimum shutter speed rule?
- Was your choice of shutter speed sufficient to prevent image blur / movement?
- Are you using a filter with your lens, if so is it a branded / quality filter?