2 Hour 1-2-1 Training Session on How to Clean Your Sensor
From sensor inspection to a full dry and wet sensor cleaning whilst practising on demonstration cameras. A simple step by step workshop in how to clean your sensor correctly and for the best results.
For further information on how to clean your sensor then read our main Sensor Cleaning page as a guide
As photographers we all know that some amazing image clean ups can be done on Lightroom or Photoshop. We also know that whilst the result can be very pleasing, they take a considerable amount of time. Instead simply learn how to clean your sensor.
This training is part theory and part practical. You will be receiving hands on instruction from one of the industry's leading camera sensor cleaning professionals. Here at Cameracal we impart the same techniques and recommend the same products as we use to clean camera sensors on a day to day commercial basis.
On our 2 hour Sensor Cleaning training we cover the following:
Sensor Cleaning - The Theory
- Common misconceptions
- Preventative medicine, what you can do help prevent the build-up of dust and other contaminants.
- The difference between dry and wet cleaning
- The importance of ensuring your computer monitor is spotlessly clean
- The importance of taking a test shot, appropriate camera settings and how best to view the results
- Dry cleaning, how and why this should be performed
- Wet cleaning, use of the right products and why this is so important
- Recommended products – Loupe’s, Blowers, Swabs and Fluid
- Sensor cleaning techniques – How to clean your sensor properly
- How to eradicate stubborn 'baked on stains"
- Fit for purpose - why it is not always possible to completely clean your sensor and does it matter?
- Chamber cleaning and why this is so important.
- Creation of a Dust Reference Point in camera (Canon & Nikon).
Sensor Cleaning - The Practise
All delegates will have the opportunity to practice and hone their skills using demo cameras and will be supplied with the following:
- Demo DSLR / Mirrorless camera
- Sensor Loupe
- Filtered blower brush (dry clean)
- Sensor Cleaning Pads (dry clean)
- Sensor Swabs
- Sensor cleaning fluid
- Chamber swabs
Attendees are welcome to bring their own cameras to clean during the traininig on the understanding that it is at their own risk and Cameracal will not be held responsible for any damage done by the attendees to their cameras during the workshop.