Workshop - Adobe Lightroom For Collision Investigators
This workshop will cover the following:
The following is just a snapshot of what will be covered during the course and extensive course notes / test images and videos available for delegates to revisit after the course.
- Correct setup of Lightroom from scratch – The Lightroom Catalogue and where it can be found and the importance of backup.
- File management and the importance of creating a logical filing system.
- Introduction to the Import Module and configuration of the workspace.
- Importing from both a camera / card or from an existing folder.
- Use of Smart Previews and their use in the Lightroom workflow.
- Navigation of the Library module and associated workflow including image selection, use of keywords and collections.
- Introduction to the Develop module and the use of the appropriate tools to edit your images.
- Detailed explanation and demonstration of the most common editing tools including Exposure, Highlights, Blacks and Dehaze.
- Use of the more advanced editing tools to include- Clone / Heal & Selection tools to accomplish seemingly difficult edits.
- Associated workflow in editing images in the shortest possible time / to best effect.
- How to role back edits, using the History facility.
- Audit trails - how to demonstrate what has been done by way of edits / changes and why.
- Exporting final edits and using various file formats for using in reports.
Note - Some of the above aspects are applicable to other editing programs, but Adobe Lightroom is the industry standard cataloguing and image editing software, in terms of enhancing the photographic quality of the image. It is not as broad in editing terms as Photoshop. Lightroom, however, has far more auditing functions and edits made to a RAW file are not applied to the RAW file, they are applied to a virtual image, so your RAW remains untouched, preserving it for future examination.
Why choose our courses?
- The course is designed to meet the needs of an FCI
- We have been using and teaching Adobe Lightoom for over 10years and have taught hundreds of students.
- One of the best Lightroom educators in the UK.
- Unrivalled knowledge re Lightroom workflow
- Fully equipped training facility equipped with computers for your use during the course (iMac’s).
- Only course in the UK endorsed and using Loupedeck* on courses.
Who is the course for?
This one day workshop is suitable for Forensic Collision Investigators who are either new to Lightroom, or who have been using it for some time, but who are struggling to use it, or want to delve deeper into its cataloguing, auditing and editing facilities.
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, a buffet lunch, tea and coffee service and course notes.
- Start time - 10.30am
- Finish time - 4.30pm
- Places are restricted to ensure attendees can gain from practical elements of the course with tutor assistance.
- Cancellation - Refunds will be given if a minimum of 7 days notice is given.