The workshop is designed as a beginner’s introduction to studio lighting, students will learn how to use stand-alone studio lights and will be working with a model to capture shadow free, perfectly light portraits,Throughout the day we will progress from a lighting a subject with one then two lights, illuminating the background for shadow free results.
This workshop is intended for small groups only so as to ensure students are able to spend as much time as possible photographing the models as well as setting up the lights / background etc.
This workshop is held at our Cameracal Studio in West Chiltington. See directions below.
On our half day Studio Portraiture workshop we cover the following:
- Setting up a studio lighting setup from scratch.
- Use of a handheld light meter to gauge exposure
- Using your camera in manual mode to capture portrait images
- Using lights to vary the colour of backgrounds from white though to grey and black
- Use of light shaping tools including reflectors
- Tethering your camera for instant results using Lightroom
- Posing techniques – tips and tricks re posing your model
- How to eradicate stubborn 'baked on stains"
Attendees need to bring their own cameras to the workshop. Plenty of memory cards, fully charged battery and charger.
Our prices include all tuition during the workshop, tea and coffee service and course notes.
Location : West Chiltington West Sussex
Venue : CameraCal Studio
Leader Anthony Sinfield
Time : 10am to 1.30pm